- About Database (Town of Islip NY Veterans)
- Search Town of Islip NY Veterans Database
- Credits & Thanks...
Town of Islip NY Veterans
Database added 05 April 2022 10,870 records
This database is an index to three books published by the Town of Islip, that includes lists of veterans, some with brief biographies and photos. The books are available for viewing or download:
WAR RECORD OF THE TOWN OF ISLIP, Long Island, New York; WORLD WAR 1917-1918
ISLIP TOWN'S WORLD WAR II EFFORT
THE JOURNAL OF ISLIP'S KOREAN AND VIETNAM VETERANS
The index database gives the page(s) in one of the books in which the veteran appears and indicates with a "d" if there is a detail description and biography; and indicates with a "p" if there is a photo in the book.
Records Search: Town of Islip NY Veterans
Please note that the Surname (e.g. Last Name) is a required entry field. But since exact spellings are not always known, to aid your search we offer three different ways to specify Surnames...
- Exact Match ("is exactly") - This is the default surname search method.
- Soundex ("sounds like") - This option enables you to specify a surname spelling it out as best you can, and it will return results that "sound" similar to what you spelled out.
- Wild Card - With this option you can replace part of the surname with a * to match any number of letters, or _ to match a single letter. E.g., Sch* will return all names starting with Sch. Similarly, Schl_tz might return results such as Schlitz or Schlotz.
NOTE: The wild card option applies ONLY to the surname. You can just enter the first few letters of a First Name; the search automatically adds a wild card to the end of the First Name.
For whichever of the above surname search options you would like to use, simply select the appropriate radio button option below the input field on the form. Although the additional form fields are optional, providing as much information as you can helps narrow your search. The more specific your search, the less time you need spend scrolling through search results!