Welcome to our website!
New databases have been added and searches are now easier and better than ever.
Please take the time to explore our site and its new features.
SEE WHAT'S NEW/UPDATED:
- 12/09/2016-NYC Marriage LICENSE database - 3,124,595 records
- 11/01/2016-GGG Surname List - 37 new entries
- 10/28/2016-Richmond County Births 1879-1897; 14,431 records added (in Births (Early NYC Towns)
- 10/24/2016-On the Links page: Begin Your Genealogy Quest
- 10/20/2016-Link to NYC Marriage License Index (See "Brides" or "Grooms" page)
- 8/24/2016-Bodies In Transit (New York City) - 60,478 records (under "Death Records")
- 8/24/2016-Federal Criminal Records (New York) - 194,063 records (under "Federal")
- 8/24/2016-Long Island Biographies- 17,994 records (under "Other NYC & Long Island")
- 8/24/2016- Richmond County (Staten Island) Marriages 1892-1897 (in Marriages (Early NYC Towns)
- 8/15/2016-New Federal Records section - 7 new databases
- GGG Members -- See What's New in the Members Area!
- Visit the new FORUM and post your question or brick wall, or maybe you can help solve someone else's problem!
As a group we are focused on German genealogy; however, our databases encompass ALL nationalities and are always free to search.
We invite any person interested in researching their Germanic heritage to join the German Genealogy Group and share experiences with those who range from beginners to professional genealogists.
We are an organization that was established in early 1996 by a group of knowledgeable and dedicated genealogists interested in providing support to all those researching their Germanic ancestors.
We have grown to a membership of over 1000 which includes members not only from all across the United States, but several foreign countries as well. We have grown not only in our membership, but also in our purpose and goals.
We work together in assisting our members find their “roots” by providing help sessions, finding aids, lectures, mentoring, a monthly newsletter, translation services, an extensive CD and book lending library and a forum to meet and discuss research problems and solutions.
We look to promote and encourage an interest in genealogy, educate members, and to help preserve, computerize and make available important and endangered records to be shared by all members of the genealogy community.
We share a mutual interest in genealogy and make every effort to make the GGG member experience as enjoyable and rewarding as possible. We participate in Family History Fairs, GGG Spring and Fall dinners, genealogy record preservation projects and group trips to genealogy repositories and places of genealogical interest. Join us and discover that family research is a most interesting and rewarding hobby that will enable you to discover your past and preserve your heritage.
Join us and discover that family research is the most interesting and rewarding hobby that will enable you to discover your past and preserve your heritage for future generations. Be a part of the fastest growing hobby today!
German Genealogy Group website named
"One of the 75 Best State Genealogy Websites"
by Family Tree Magazine!
Please Help Us, To Help You . . .
While the databases on this web site are free, they are not free to produce. We have to send our volunteers copies of the material that they have to transcribe. We have to pay for postage, envelopes and ink. Thus we need to raise money to continue to produce additional databases. If you would like to see us continue creating these databases, please consider a donation.
Your tax deductible donation can be made payable to the German Genealogy Group.
Please send your contribution to:
P.O. Box 1004
Kings Park NY 11754
Please feel free to link this web site, but its contents are
Copyrighted and can Not be Duplicated in any fashion
without written permission
from the German Genealogy Group.